Maybe you didn’t know that facelift surgery was becoming so popular among men, but it’s a not-so-surprising trend in facial plastic surgery practices across the United States.
During the last decade, the number of male patients requesting facelift surgery has increased drastically. Facelift surgery has become one of the top procedures among middle-aged men in the U.S., making it more popular than many people realize. This new attitude toward male facelift surgeries has helped to lift the stigma associated with cosmetic surgery among men, while also encouraging would-be patients to meet with a facial plastic surgeon to learn more.
Facelift Popularity on the Rise
There are several factors that are working together to create ideal conditions for the growing popularity among all prospective patients, but especially men. Some of these factors include:
• Plastic surgery is becoming more acceptable among all patients, men included.
• The facelift procedure is always advancing to become safer for all patients.
• Facelift surgery is now more affordable than it has been in the past, giving patients from a wide range of incomes the ability to have surgery performed.
• The incision placement is more refined, creating more natural-looking results.
• Facelifts can treat many common aging concerns, including double chins, jowls, loose skin around the neck, and turkey wattle.
• Deep-tissue tightening makes results look more natural and less “wind blown” or pulled.
• The surgery itself is highly customizable to suit the needs of all patients, including men and women of a wide range of ages and stages of the aging process.
Consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon is the best way to learn what the results of a facelift could do for you. Talk with him or her about your own aging concerns, your reasons for seeking surgery, and any reservations you might have about the process. Talking through it can help you to decide if facelift surgery is right for you.
Professional and Personal Effects
The biggest reason that any patient requests facelift surgery is the hope of achieving a more youthful look, sometimes up to 10 years younger. Eliminating some of your major aging concerns can have a positive ripple effect throughout your life. Your confidence and self-image may improve; you may begin to advocate more for yourself at work or become more confident when talking to the opposite sex. A more youthful appearance can make you look healthier and fitter, and may even change the way others view you. Facelift surgery can be a life-changing procedure in many small and meaningful ways.
Plan a Male Facelift Surgery Today
Male facelift surgery, as well as other facial cosmetic surgeries and treatments, can reap big benefits for patients. Learn more about the results you can expect to see by consulting with Dr. Andrew Frankel, board certified in both Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery (ENT). His focus is on facial rejuvenation, especially through procedures such as the facelift, brow lift, or eyelid surgery, as well as rhinoplasty. Since 1994, Dr. Frankel has been practicing at the Lasky Clinic and earned recognition as an expert in his field. He has many publications on a variety of topics including midface lifts, Botox, rhinoplasty, and more. To consult with Dr. Frankel, contact the Lasky Clinic located at 201 South Lasky Drive in Beverly Hills, California. Call (310) 552-2173 to schedule your appointment today.